Sunday 30 September 2007

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Astonishingly, I actually did it! At roughly 1.00pm yesterday, 29 September 2007, I defied my fear of heights and performed a parachute jump from 3,500ft! I was absolutely terrified in the plane going up - to the extent that I had my eyes tightly shut most of the time until I actually jumped - but I did it! I'm still trying to sort out my fragmentary impressions of the jump, and I'll do a proper write up (with pictures) in the next couple of days, but in the meantime if you want to see my ugly mug go along to the Black Knights Parachute Centre website at http://www.bkpc.co.uk/ and go to the "Hall of Fame".

Immediately after the jump, someone asked me how it felt. I said it was about 75% scary and 25% fun. It got more fun the closer I got to the ground, and I was actually starting to enjoy myself by the time I was coming in to land! More about that in my next entry.

Thanks to everyone who sponsored me, I'm sure the North West Cancer Research Fund will make good use of the money. My JustGiving site will remain online till about mid-November, so if anyone else wants to chip in just click on the widget to the left.

For now, here's a little something off YouTube which sums up how I feel about myself right now:


No comments: