Friday 14 September 2007

I'M WORTH £100,000 - DEAD!

This is it, the last few hours. I need to be at the airfield by 8.30 in the morning, preferably a bit sooner - a full day's training followed (weather permitting) by the jump. I hope the weather's good enough to jump on the same day, I'd hate to have to go back at a later date, when the training's not as fresh in my mind and I've had more time to lose my nerve.

Everything's now ready. I took the sponsorship money out of my savings account in the form of a banker's draft the other day. I've got the doctor's certificate. I got paid today, so I've got the jump fee. And these evening I took out parachute jump insurance online - £100,000 if I die or am permanently disabled on this jump, for a fee of £20. All that remains is for me to scrape myself out of bed first thing in the morning and get to the parachute centre.

Hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll be a bit of a hero - either that or everyone will consider me the coward of the county! Or I might snuff it, but I'm happy to say the odds are against that.

No comments: