Saturday 15 September 2007

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON HOLD!

The weather's been good today - good for anything except taking your first parachute jump, as it turns out. I got to the parachute centre nice and early, and took the intensive six hour course along with about a dozen other students. Then we waited for the wind to die down to the correct speed - the parachute centre likes first-timers to jump in wind speeds of about 20mph, for reasons of control and safety. The wind was a little to fearce today. We waited several hours to see if it would change, but no luck. I was the last of the group to go home, I think, at about 7.00pm. Now I'll have to go back tomorrow and see if the weather's right - and if not tomorrow, next Sunday, or the Sunday after. Very frustrating. Today I felt as ready as I'm likely to get to take the jump - tomorrow, who knows?

No comments: