Tuesday 21 August 2007

FIT TO JUMP!

I got down to the doctor's surgery this morning to get my "Declaration of Fitness to Parachute" signed. This was necessary because I'm ever so slightly over 40 and the guys organising the jump can't just take my word for it that I don't have any health problems that would compromise safety when jumping out of a plane with only a piece of silk to save me from death. The doctor had a quick look through the form, tested my blood pressure - told me to relax and tested my blood pressure again, checked my weight and height, put me through a couple of balance tests and signed the form. Quick and easy. This means there are now no obstacles standing in my way - I've got the jump fee, raised a reasonable amount of money for the charity, and transportation to and from the airstrip is organised. Not long now!

No comments: