Sunday 29 July 2007

I PROBABLY WON'T SNUFF IT - BUT YOU NEVER KNOW...

Looking for a bit of reassurance about the risk level of this parachute jump, I did an internet search and stumbled across the British Parachuting Association's ironically-named "How safe is it" page, to find that the solo static line jump from 3,000 feet which I'm going on - and which I selected partly because I thought it would be the safest option - is in fact more dangerous than a tandem skydive from 10,000 feet. It seems I've got a 1 in 33,000 chance of snuffing it and a 1 in 200 chance of being injured. That might not sound like too much of a risk, but I'm sure I'll feel differently when I'm stood in the door of the plane looking down. And people buy lottery tickets with much worse odds.

I must get round to taking out insurance...

No comments: